Calcium Citrate 150 mg 180 vegetarian capsules 70230
Calcium is an important macromineral. Calcium in the citrate form is well absorbed.*
Other ingredients: Hydroxypropyl methylcellulose, L-leucine.
Keep in a cool, dry place, tightly capped.
Calcium Citrate 150 mg Suggested use:
As a dietary supplement, 1 capsule one to three times daily between meals, or as directed by a healthcare practitioner. Calcium is better absorbed when taken in repeated doses throughout the day. When taking calcium supplements, consideration should be given to supplementing also with magnesium.
Contraindicated with use of aluminum-containing drugs.
Calcium MOnograph from Natural Products Monographs
- Indigestion (dyspepsia). Taking calcium carbonate by mouth as an antacid is effective for treating indigestion.
- High levels of potassium in the blood (hyperkalemia). Giving calcium gluconate by IV can reverse heart problems caused by high potassium levels. IV products can only be given by a healthcare provider.
- Low levels of calcium in the blood (hypocalcemia). Taking calcium by mouth and by IV is effective for treating and preventing low calcium levels. IV products can only be given by a healthcare provider.
- Kidney failure. Taking calcium carbonate or calcium acetate by mouth is effective for controlling high phosphate levels in the blood in people with kidney failure. Taking calcium by mouth also seems to help reduce blood pressure in people with kidney failure.
- Bone loss in people taking drugs called corticosteroids. Taking calcium and vitamin D by mouth seems to reduce bone density loss in people using corticosteroid drugs long-term.
- Overactive parathyroid (hyperparathyroidism). Taking calcium by mouth reduces parathyroid hormone levels in people with kidney failure and parathyroid hormone levels that are too high.
- Weak and brittle bones (osteoporosis). Consuming adequate amounts of calcium, both from the diet and supplements, is effective for preventing bone loss and treating osteoporosis. Taking calcium by mouth, alone or with vitamin D, also helps prevent fractures in people with osteoporosis.
- Premenstrual syndrome (PMS). Consuming adequate amounts of calcium, both from the diet and supplements, seems to significantly reduce mood swings, bloating, food cravings, and pain.