Curcumin Phytosome (formerly Meriva 500-SF) 60 caps SF813 and 120 caps SPF814 and 120 caps NSF Certified for Sport
Curcumin Phytosome (formerly Meriva 500) Details
Turmeric is widely studied for its health-promoting properties. It has been used in Traditional Chinese Medicine, as well as Ayurvedic medicine, for more than 2,000 years. Curcumin is turmeric’s most active component and provides numerous health benefits, including support for joint function and mobility, liver and gut health, cardiovascular function. Curcumin is also a potent antioxidant.*
Because curcumin supports a healthy inflammatory response it is beneficial for anyone experiencing the bodily discomforts of life.* Curcumin can provide relief for overused muscles and joints.* In addition, maintaining a healthy inflammatory response is essential to healthy joints, muscles, brain, eyes, and blood lipids.*
Thorne’s Curcumin Phytosome, as Meriva, is the most clinically-studied curcumin on the market and, as a phytosome complex it provides superior absorption over other curcumin extracts. A human study demonstrated 29-times greater absorption of Meriva than ordinary curcumin.
Benefits of Thorne’s Curcumin Phytosome:
Joint Stiffness and Muscle Soreness:
- Reduces joint stiffness*
- Promotes flexibility*
- Provide relief from minor aches and muscle soreness*
- Protects muscles against exercise stress and helps reduce delayed onset muscle soreness (DOMS)*
- May reduce muscle injury from training or exertion*
- Helps protect muscle tissue from the effects of chronological age*
Healthy inflammatory response:
- Helps maintain a balanced inflammatory response throughout the body, including in the joints, muscles, GI tract, liver, brain, eyes, and nerves*
- Promotes healthy cholesterol metabolism and up-regulation of liver enzymes*
- Supports maintenance of normal blood sugar*
Features of Thorne’s Curcumin Phytosome:
- The most clinically studied curcumin on the market with 29-times greater absorption than ordinary curcumin
- More than 30 clinical trials using the curcumin phytosome, Meriva
This product is contraindicated in an individual with a history of hypersensitivity to any of its ingredients.
If pregnant, consult your health professional before using this product.
Curcumin has been shown to reduce the therapeutic efficacy of cyclophosphamide (Cytoxan) in animal studies. In vitro research revealed that curcumin decreased camptothecin-induced death of cultured breast cancer cells. Curcumin might also interfere with the absorption and efficacy of the chemotherapy drug irinotecan, used to treat colon cancer. The concurrent use of curcumin with these agents should be avoided.
|Curcumin Phytosome (Meriva)||1g|
|Other Ingredients: Calcium (Citrate), Calcium Laurate, Hypromellose Capsule, Leucine, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Silicon Dioxide|
How to Use
Take 1-2 capsules two times daily or as recommended by your health professional.
Contact us for a Functional Medicine consultation.